All guests must be in good health and not been ill with a communicable condition in the prior 30 days. We may need a veterinarian certification of good health if it is questionable. Must be spayed or neutered. If you have an elderly pet that is in questionable health we may recommend alternate boarding options.
During hurricane season we need to take extra precautions to ensure the safety of each pet in our care. We are located on the edge of Evacuation Zone A & B in Hillsborough County. Please read and understand completely the following policy regarding this type of event in our area. If you have any questions please contact us.
1) Provide us with one (1), preferably two (2), local emergency contact people who can make decisions for you and your pet, and take your pet to a safe location with them. Please keep your emergency contact updated as to your intentions, and that they are in fact available should we have the need to call them.
2) The emergency contact must be able to pick up your pet in the event of an impending severe storm or Category 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 Hurricane. Pick up must take place 36 hours prior to predicted landfall.
3) If a severe storm or hurricane threatens, or is predicted to make landfall, in the Tampa Bay area, "Just Like Home" WILL evacuate all employees and pets at least 36 hours prior to estimated landfall.
4) All pets MUST be PICKED-UP by their Owners, or Emergency Contacts, at least 36 hours prior to landfall.
5) "Just Like Home" will make a decision, based on recommendations of local authorities, and contact all Owners and Emergency Contacts, with status of evacuation from our facility at the earliest sign of danger.
6) Should the storm track change, and not affect our location (flooding, power, wind, etc.) we may allow boarders to return to the facility; however, it will be after we are notified by local authorities that our area is not in eminent danger.
Please provide written proof of current vaccination records at time of check-in.
All guests must be socialized, non-aggressive, and not food or toy protective. All dogs must not have any history of harming or threatening behavior towards any person or animal. Please remember, your pet will be spending time uncrated and unmuzzled with other pets, and the safety and health of all animals is our main concern.
Please take appropriate measures to put your last name and your pets name on all items (leashes, beds, food containers, etc.). We do our best to make sure your pets items are not lost, stolen (by another puppy) or damaged, however, we are not responsible for any items left with your pet. NO TOYS PLEASE.